Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Motherboard or Power supply ?  (Read 1816 times)

N-line

Motherboard or Power supply ?
« on: August 26, 2009, 04:09:20 PM »
Hi all,
it's been really long time since last i've been here, but so i've to come back, cause i've some problems with my PC again=/ but this time some serious ones... So lets get to point.
OK.. so firstly i've downloaded one song, and while it was downloading and when it finished it( downloading i mean) my anti-virus(NOD32) didn't give me any alert or something like that. And so after 2weeks my pc started to restart, usualy about 1-3 time i turn it on.. And then i made 3scanes for my pc with different anti-viruses, and they found virus(that song) and so i've deleted it and everything associated with it, but still problem remains the same restarting and restarting and amount of time after it's getting restarted it's getting smaller and smaller (not by much but i've noticed it) so re-installed windows and it got even worse started to restart after 5mins and when i tried to install drivers it just shutted down and now when i try to turn off pc, it doesn't even load, don't even make some noise nothing...
So i've tried to run pc without main parts of pc (rams/video card/HDD), but it's same thing and also i've talked to few of my friends who are more advanced in PC issues and stuff.. And 1of them told me that it's something wrong with my Motherboard and other told me that i've problem with my Power supply, but i dunno which it is =/
So i need your help, from as far what you see can you help to figure out what should i change ? (motherboard or power supply )
=/
P.S. thx in advance
P.P.S. srr for bad english

smeezekitty

Re: Motherboard or Power supply ?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 08:25:02 PM »
powersupply or ram
first remove the cmos battery with the wall plug out
for a minit or so to clear any bad bios data
also reseat the ram
if you can get it to boot
run memtest