Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: No sound external Jack  (Read 1949 times)

Hubert_N

Topic Starter

Rookie

• 1948 John Deere "M"
    No sound external Jack
    « on: August 27, 2009, 03:48:26 PM »
    After adding new hard drive and installing XP Pro my external jacks for sound (Speakers) and Microphone do not work I went to the devise manager and downloaded all new drivers for everything , checked the set up and everything apears OK ?
    help
    Please!
    Hubert

"Magical power, marvelous action, chopping wood and carrying water"

Sesko

Rookie

• I don't need no help, I can do bad on my own.
      Re: No sound external Jack
      « Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 03:49:25 PM »
      Is this jack part of the MB or is on it's own card?

Either way..

Go to your control panel, then you go to hardware and sound. In the hardware and sound, you will see this thing that says sound. Click sound, and a little screen will pop-up, double click speakers, then another little screen will pop-up. On the first tab, it'll say controller information, then whatever it is, next to it (on the right side) there will be a button that says properties. Click on that, and another screen will pop up, click on the little tab that says driver, and you will see all these options, click on update driver, and maybe it'll work.

If there is no options, it's because something is wrong with your driver. You will need to reinstall the driver for this sound card/mb.

Hubert_N

Topic Starter

Rookie

• 1948 John Deere "M"
        Re: No sound external Jack
        « Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 04:14:45 PM »
        Thank you I will try that
        Is this jack part of the MB or is on it's own card?

Either way..

Go to your control panel, then you go to hardware and sound. In the hardware and sound, you will see this thing that says sound. Click sound, and a little screen will pop-up, double click speakers, then another little screen will pop-up. On the first tab, it'll say controller information, then whatever it is, next to it (on the right side) there will be a button that says properties. Click on that, and another screen will pop up, click on the little tab that says driver, and you will see all these options, click on update driver, and maybe it'll work.

If there is no options, it's because something is wrong with your driver. You will need to reinstall the driver for this sound card/mb.

"Magical power, marvelous action, chopping wood and carrying water"