Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HELP FOR PITIES SAKE HELP  (Read 2926 times)

tinyfraggle

HELP FOR PITIES SAKE HELP
« on: August 31, 2009, 05:42:10 PM »
IM GOING OFF THE CHAIN WITH THIS AND I THINK I WILL THROW IT AT A WALL.

sorry for the outburst. Right i own a toshiba laptop and have had it for nearly two year. The norton internet security ran out of the 21st of august 2009 and since then the laptop has went ape sh*t. Its been starting to freeze and just overall nuisance. Every time i turn it on it goes straight into a disk clean which has never hapened before the 21st. Then after signing in to vista a pop up comes up which says bad image  and says something like symantec/ccErrDsp.dll is either not designed not to run on windows or has an error.

THE THING IS I TRACED IT BACK TO ITS SOURCE AND ITS FROM NORTON INTERNET SECURITY WHICH CAME WITH THE LAPTOP!!!....so how can it not be made for windows.

after i click ok on the pop up the system freezes. I have went into safe mode which i am on now because if i go on normal mode it dies. I have downloaded malwarebytes which is reall good, it wiped all the malware and viruses and the lot straight of my computer which i thought would fix it (by te way there actually wasnt much stuff on there that was bad anyway) but no way it still dies after at most 4 mins. I thought maybe just maybe the hardrive was too packed or muddled up so i did a defrag...to no effect. PLEASE HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!! the pic of the pop up is attached!!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

smeezekitty

Re: HELP FOR PITIES SAKE HELP
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 07:11:07 PM »
try removing norton with add/remove programs
nortan av isnt that good anyway
get a better av instead