Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Speakers in Vista Windows no longer produce sound  (Read 2188 times)

soilsenasuil

Topic Starter

Rookie

Speakers in Vista Windows no longer produce sound
    « on: August 28, 2009, 09:55:00 AM »
    Hi, I am trying to help my sister fix a speaker/sound problem....

Her speakers worked and today they do not.... the speakers have power, they are plugged into a correct port (they are usb).... nothing is set to mute.... all indications show according to volume control panel that sound is being produced but nothing comes out of the speakers...

Last resort or only resort is to reinstall driver but would all the above be happening if a driver reinstall was needed....

If there is no disc to obtain driver and we can not find the name of the sound card to know which driver to download how can you find out?  Thank you......

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Speakers in Vista Windows no longer produce sound
    « Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 09:58:42 AM »

If there is no disc to obtain driver and we can not find the name of the sound card to know which driver to download how can you find out?  Thank you......
    Device Manager, Belarc Advisor, Everest, etc.

Sesko

Rookie

• I don't need no help, I can do bad on my own.
      « Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 10:04:50 AM »
      Hi, I am trying to help my sister fix a speaker/sound problem....

Her speakers worked and today they do not.... the speakers have power, they are plugged into a correct port (they are usb).... nothing is set to mute.... all indications show according to volume control panel that sound is being produced but nothing comes out of the speakers...

Last resort or only resort is to reinstall driver but would all the above be happening if a driver reinstall was needed....

If it was the original one your computer came with then you should be able to just look up your computer model online and then search for a driver list for it.

If worst comes to worst, just post your make and model here and I'll find it for you.

soilsenasuil

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 10:11:25 AM »
        Thanks, I let you what happens or if we need further assistance....