Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: fixed disk  (Read 3732 times)

mac7

fixed disk
« on: June 06, 2005, 10:44:24 PM »
I have a hard drive that shows no fixed disk present,How do I get the hard  drive to go pass this.It wont respond to the fdsik,It wont get pass anything that I've tried.PLEASE HELP, please give me several diffent ways to try,One of them should work,THANK YOU IN ADVANCE. mAC7 E-MAIL  [email protected] or post on the forum where i can find the answer please.MANY THANKS

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: fixed disk
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2005, 06:04:59 AM »
Do you have virus protection? Rescue disks? A boot disk for your operating system?

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Raptor

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2005, 07:31:51 AM »
More information required.

mac7

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2005, 10:28:52 AM »
yes,I have a boot-disk 98win, the virus protection is from aol.Ican boot the system to the fdisk part,when I try to go ffurter,I a sceen message that I dont have a fixed disk prsent comes up.

Raptor

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2005, 10:49:52 AM »
Is the HDD recognized in the BIOS?

mac7

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2005, 11:08:19 AM »
yes the hdd is reconized

merlin_2

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2005, 11:12:31 AM »

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2005, 12:17:59 PM »
     mac7.....  Are you posting differant questions relating to the same thing in differant places? .........it looks like you are ..........How about doing us all a favour ( yourself included ) and only post in one place .......its a lot easier to follow .........   Now then,.... exactly what is it your trying to do ........and what have you done to get into this situation .

Let us know

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

mac7

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2005, 09:30:56 PM »
    I'am sorry about the postings,I didn't know how to get to the response,The problem is this,I have a hard drive that I'am teing to install win98 on.When I use the fdisk process,I cant get a partition to install win98 on.I'ave tried followed all the instructions,But when I get to install win98, I get the message that there is no fixed disk present. The virus is from aol. the bois detectes the hard drive,the settings are correct. Again thanks for your help,Do you think you can help me ?mac7 mrvmc7

Sorry for the many diffent postings,I didn't know how to get my replys,The problem is the when I use the fdisk process,Everything goes ok,until I get to the installation of wij98,I get the message that there is no fixed drive present. I tried partitioning,ok.I.ve tried everything that the instructions says to do,But I still get the message no fixed drive present. The bois detects the hard drive,The settings are right,I really hope you can help,THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME. mac7 [email protected]

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2005, 10:15:32 PM »
       mac7.....  Have you formatted the existing hard drive ?

In any event ...here is a step by step procedure to follow .....
      http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=221829
      The win 98 startup disk refered to is the win 98 boot disk ....which you have .

It's all there .......read it carefully and it will be easy.

dl65  ::)
      « Last Edit: June 07, 2005, 10:17:21 PM by dl65 »
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

mac7

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2005, 08:23:47 PM »
      THANK YOU? PROBLEM SOLVED