Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Real Time Clock  (Read 2033 times)

toboyekest

Real Time Clock
« on: August 30, 2009, 12:03:55 PM »
I have a Compaq Evo N610c Laptop.  The clock that is located in the lower right corner will not maintain the time and date.  We have to update it everytime we turn on the computer.  I looked in the manual and located the battery to change it.  The manual also stated what type is needed.  When I locate the battery, it was a different number than what was in the manual.  I was not able to locate the battery number that the manual stated to use, but purchased the same battery that was in there.  It still does not maintain the date and time as realtime.  Do I need to get the correct battery that is listed in the manual?  The battery that operates the laptop is good and will maintain a charge for several hours.  Is there another battery some where to change?  Or is there a setting that I have to do to maintain a real time date and time?  I am looking for any suggestions.  Let me know if any additional information is needed to answer this question. 

hot dog