Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: processor discrepancy.  (Read 1940 times)

islandryhno

Topic Starter

processor discrepancy.
    « on: September 03, 2009, 09:06:30 AM »
    Hi folks, I'm having an issue with dell and I was wondering if you could tell me it's worth the fight or not. I ordered a SXPS 16 from dell and it was supposed to come with a 2.16GHZ processor, when I got it and ran some games I found it was a 2.00GHZ processor. I'm wondering is there a big difference in the two speeds? Is it worth me returning it and getting the correct one put in? This is what's supposed to be in there Intel® Core™ 2 Duo P7350 (3MB cache/2.16GHz/1066Mhz FSB) and I got the same processor P7350 but different speed?  ???

mroilfield

Mentor
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: processor discrepancy.
    « Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 09:13:59 AM »
    have you spoke to Dell about this?
    You can't fix Stupid!!!

islandryhno

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 09:28:08 AM »
      have you spoke to Dell about this?

I have, the first tech support guy totally agreed with me and did the remote access to confirm. Then I had to call back and the second tech tried to convince me that the 2.16GHZ listed was max speed. I told the guy that I went to intels site and the 7350 lists as 2.00ghz and the 7450 at 2.14GHZ there is no list speed for 2.16GHZ. Also the dell site lists the SXPS 13 at 2.00GHZ for the same processor, personally I think it's false advertising.

Computer_Commando

Hacker
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 12:32:46 PM »
      Based on what you have stated, Dell will probably refund a small portion of the purchase price, if you ask nicely.