Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Outlook 2002 not able to use my address book  (Read 2740 times)

ben_chai

Outlook 2002 not able to use my address book
« on: September 03, 2009, 02:32:53 PM »
I have Window XP.  My laptop recently crashed, so I had a new hard disk put in, recovered the data, and reinstalled all the software.  Today I tried to send out an email (through Outlook) and whenever I tap on "To:" or "Cc:", I got a message saying

"The address book can not be displayed.  The Contacts folder associated with this address list could not be opened; it may have been moved or deleted, or you do not have permissions.  For information on how to remove this folder from the Outlook Address Book, see Microsoft Outlook Help."

What's going on?  I can see/edit all the contacts on my address book without problem.  Actually I also have problem with a distribution list.  I can see the contacts in my distribution list, but I can not "add member", the exact same message listed above appears.  I appreciate any light you may give me.

Esgrimidor

Hopeful

Re: Outlook 2002 not able to use my address book
    « Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 04:05:01 PM »
    I think Outlook Express and Microsoft Outlook have a special type of archives for the address book. If you backup these files you must recover with no problem.

Are you the same user ? . Pay attention you have the same permissions.
    No dejes que tu felicidad dependa de lo que no depende de tí.