Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Blue screen problem- not what you think  (Read 2844 times)

gen.disarray

Blue screen problem- not what you think
« on: September 04, 2009, 07:20:07 AM »
im not great with computers so here it is...
When i turn on my laptop (hp pav vista) it wont load past the microsoft corporation loading bar- i dont reach the logon screen or desktop, instead i get a couple of flickers of black boxes which then disappear completely,
and then all i get is a blank blue screen- its not a blue screen of death- its more of a purpley blue and its got no writing on it at all and all i can see is the mouse.
 It started when my computer apparently blocked a bunch of viruses, trojans and after that it didnt recover. i tried system restore but that didnt work and when i go into safe mode i get a completely black screen except  for 'safe mode' in each corner and microsoft at top - no task manager with ctrl alt delete no start or anything.
 Ive also tried the using settings from an earlier date option and system repair and ive restarted my computer a million times, made sure its not low on power, but nothing ive done works...plz help  ???

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Blue screen problem- not what you think
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 07:22:13 AM »
Boot to your AV CD and run a scan at boot