Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: multitasking  (Read 4225 times)

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

multitasking
    « on: September 04, 2009, 09:19:06 PM »

BatchFileBasics

Hopeful

Re: multitasking
      « Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 09:24:19 PM »
      you should look at this:
      http://shock-aero.en.softonic.com/
      When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace - Jimi Hendrix.

Helpmeh

Guru

• Roar.
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 09:26:18 PM »
      Do you know how hard something like that would be on your system (especially with vista)?
      Where's MagicSpeed?
      Quote from: 'matt'
      He's playing a game called IRL. Great graphics, *censored* gameplay.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
      • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • BC-Programming.com
      • Certifications: List
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 09:31:38 PM »
      On my XP systems I use a program called "TaskSwitchXP" to replace Alt+Tab.

regarding the link- gotta wonder about their sources.

"well, mah Pa said that the sheriff was having dem's viruses and "maleware" on his dun magic box and it was on account o' the new "vista" majig they gone and put on them new magic boxes."

I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 09:35:05 PM »
        i'm looking for something like this but it doesn't look like a very popular program looked at google images why didn't i see the bottum toolbar on none of the images and i couldn't even find a video on youtube showing how this works are there any other programs like this

BatchFileBasics

Hopeful

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 09:37:28 PM »
          wow bc that is an excellent program!
          When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace - Jimi Hendrix.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
            • Yes
            • Yes
            • BC-Programming.com
          « Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 09:44:21 PM »
          i'm looking for something like this but it doesn't look like a very popular program looked at google images why didn't i see the bottum toolbar on none of the images and i couldn't even find a video on youtube showing how this works are there any other programs like this

what do you mean? TaskswitchXP?

I don't see why a youtube video is necessary- it works by replacing Alt+Tab- if you want to see what it looks like, install it- don't like it? Uninstall it, and it's back to the original.

Personally I never use the "flip3d" feature of vista to switch- I still stick with Alt+Tab, and since they finally changed that in vista I get functionality about the same as taskSwitchXP (also, I'm not sure if taskswitchXP would install on Vista anyway).

The neatest part of it is that it uses uxtheme, so whatever theme you have installed it will look like, and not just the window title/borders, but the entire window and elements. (I had Royale Noir installed and the program matched perfectly).

I'm not sure what you mean by "bottom toolbar", if you mean the taskbar/start button it doesn't change that, so I don't see the relevance of including it in a screenshot if only to confuse people.

Additionally- wether or not a program has a video on youtube doesn't reflect wether that program is good or not but more or less reflects how complicated it is. If it needs a video does that not imply that it isn't intuitive to begin with?

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2009, 09:46:23 PM »
            i really can't dowload this  i'm really carefull about what i download there's nothing i can get from any realiable sources telling me the program is safe  when i type in the program i can't hardly find nothing out about it can't even find any reliable sources telling me that the sight is safe i'm not talking about taskswitch shock earo

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
              • Yes
              • Yes
              • BC-Programming.com
            « Reply #8 on: September 04, 2009, 09:51:10 PM »
            ahh, I see, in order for you to deem something "safe" you must have screenshots of the program that include the taskbar and also you must find videos on youtube created by god knows who god knows where demonstrating the features of an otherwise intuitive program.

if you cannot download programs just say so, but to use youtube and google image search to judge wether a program or web-site is safe is an exercise in both futility and naivety.

http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/www.ntwind.com

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2009, 09:56:57 PM »
              type in shock earo and look at like the first ten sights that pops up they just looks like virus sights to me there very small
              that doesn't mean the program is bad but i can't find nothing much about it telling me it's safe

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
                • Yes
                • Yes
                • BC-Programming.com
              « Reply #10 on: September 04, 2009, 09:59:09 PM »
              type in shock earo

I thought you were talking about taskSwitchXP...

I've never used, or even heard of "Shock Aero" myself. And in fact the technical limitations preventing it from being feasible at all (namely the fact that the XP desktop doesn't use DirectX, like Vista does) bring into question it's legitimacy as well.

BatchFileBasics

Hopeful

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2009, 10:05:31 PM »
                ive tried it for a while before, it works nice. just....not good with low ram.

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2009, 10:23:45 PM »
                  do any of you know of any other programs like shcok earo i might be able to find more about