Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Compaq Presario CQ40-310AU drivers for Windows XP needed  (Read 8579 times)

rebel214

Topic Starter

Beginner
  • They call me the "rebel"...
    Compaq Presario CQ40-310AU drivers for Windows XP needed
    « on: September 04, 2009, 09:23:44 PM »
    Hello! I have downgraded my Laptop from Vista to XP using a slipstreamed installer using Nlite to integrate driver for my AHCI SATA Controller. All hardware were installed successfully except for the 7 Unknown devices displayed on Device Manager.

The following devices were successfully installed:
    1. AMD Chipset bundled with HD 3200 Graphics Video.
    2. IDT HD Audio device.
    3. Realtek RTL8102E Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC.
    4. Broadcom Wireless Network controller.
    5. Agere HDA Modem.
    6. Synaptics Touchpad.
    7. JMicron Card Reader.
    8. HP Quicklaunch Button.

I have downloaded my drivers from here: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/psg/board/message?board.id=OS&message.id=12875#M12875

Can someone give me a link where I can download drivers for these 7 Unknown Devices? The link where the drivers are located have been removed. Thank you in advance!

Everything has it's own place, in proper time...

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Compaq Presario CQ40-310AU drivers for Windows XP needed
    « Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 10:48:36 PM »
    Moral: check for available drivers BEFORE changing OS.

rebel214

Topic Starter

Beginner
    • They call me the "rebel"...
      « Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 12:09:25 AM »
      Thank you for the advice..I have already downloaded these drivers before I reinstall windows, and all of them worked except for these 7 Unknown Devices in Device Manager. The laptop is now running fine despite of these unknown devices that are not being installed. I know it is my responsibility to prepare needed drivers for my system before any modification, but I honestly don't use Vista..I am using XP SP3 in my desktop PC quite a few years and without problems that's why I also downgrade Vista to Windows XP..

Hope someone in this community can help me find correct drivers for my system..

Thanks in advance... :)
      Everything has it's own place, in proper time...

StarBaseONE2

Rookie

• Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 08:26:20 PM »
      Well my friend you may bitten off quite a bit to chew here...

HP of course officially doesn't support that model with XP as an OS. So the easy way of obtaining those drivers is non-existent.

I have looked around for you a bit at the most logical places I could think of. This seems to be your best bet. Although I wouldn't call it a safe a bet, and will definitely be a learning experience the whole way!

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=3873043&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&submit.y=0&submit.x=0&lang=en&cc=us

Good luck with your new project my friend.
      Progress has brought forth a new Information Age! With milestones come drastic changes! First, was to martyr Privacy! Security escaped, but is healing from emergency surgery! We watch his rehabilitation, knowing his complete recovery isn't likely. He's too thin! No wonder he refuses to look you in the eye, when giving customary assurances! He seems to miss the "Good Times" from back in the '70's...

Sykes

Beginner

• Nice Guy :)
        • Tricks Guide
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 11:58:05 PM »
      Right-click on the entry for the "unknown device" and then select "Properties". In the "Properties" window, click on the "Details" tab and let me know the string displayed under Device ID.

Find the device ID  :)
      Have a good day

My Blog: http://www.tricksguide.com/

Sykes :)

Maribelajar

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2009, 07:59:39 AM »
        Hi Guys,

You can download this file [link Removed]

It will solve your audio, modem and unknown devices for Compaq HP CQ40 series

Regards

Hi Forum Owner, please delete my account too.. not interested to join this forum
        « Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 10:15:01 PM by Maribelajar »