Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Is there a place to download FREE....  (Read 12402 times)

MomNEEDShelp

Topic Starter

Hopeful

Is there a place to download FREE....
    « on: September 05, 2009, 10:07:10 AM »
    TV shows, cartoons and movies on the internet? 

I purchased a netbook not long ago and it has no disk drive. Would love to pop it open and be able to play cartoons for my 5 year old while we are in the car.

I am not techno-savey so if there are free sites, please let me know how to download them.

Thanks!!  :-*

Samsung NC-10 + XP + wi-fi + bluetooth

Beginner

Re: Is there a place to download FREE....
      « Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 10:11:02 AM »

www.veoh.com/ 
      www.hulu.com/

www.abc.go.com
      www.cbs.com
      www.nbc.com
      www.fox.com

espn 360
      here are some sights were you can watch tv i'm not sure were you can dowload tv shows and cartoons at   

i have a laptop with a cd rom that can plug into it i'm not sure how much they cost

nickjr.com has some videos you can watch but i'm not sure you can download them
      « Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 01:01:06 AM by 876543219 »
      Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear                     microsoft windows xp professional  version 2002 service pack 3 celeron 2.80ghz 20gb hardrive 504mb ram

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 10:11:14 AM »
      We've been down this road before it seems...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

computeruler

Egghead

• Yes
        • Yes
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: September 05, 2009, 10:11:25 AM »
      i think that would be illegal

MomNEEDShelp

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2009, 10:29:03 AM »
        We've been down this road before it seems...

No, silly Patio.  ;)  I had wanted to know about watching tv on the pc. Now I am interested in downloading the free ones to watch at a later time.

Sites such as hulu.com, for instance... Is there a way to download them onto a laptop to watch later when internet access/connection is not good. ???

Dee

Beginner

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2009, 11:08:14 AM »
          http://download.cnet.com/Free-YouTube-to-MP3-Converter/3000-2194_4-10665553.html?tag=contentBody;mostPopTwoColWrap

here's a youtube to mp3 video comverter you can download from cnet

you got to copy the url of the video you want to convert and paste it in the program

youtube now has movies  tv shows and cartoons you can watch from there websight go to youtube home page then shows then whatever you want to download they have a large selection to choose from tv shows cartoons it is mp3 but you can watch the mp3 in windows media player hope this helps

they have supersonic  toy story 2       speed racer and alot of other cartoons
          « Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 01:19:56 PM by 876543219 »
          Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear                     microsoft windows xp professional  version 2002 service pack 3 celeron 2.80ghz 20gb hardrive 504mb ram

Helpmeh

Guru

• Roar.
            • Yes
            • Yes
          • Computer: Specs
          • Experience: Familiar
          « Reply #6 on: September 05, 2009, 06:03:10 PM »
          You don't need to download a program to download and convert youtube videos. A google search can get a youtube video.
          Where's MagicSpeed?
          Quote from: 'matt'
          He's playing a game called IRL. Great graphics, *censored* gameplay.

patio

• Genius
          • Maud' Dib
            • Yes
          • Experience: Beginner
          « Reply #7 on: September 05, 2009, 06:10:15 PM »
          This is your 3rd thread on where to DLoad TV or movie content...they have all had the similar endings so to speak...
          " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Beginner

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2009, 07:32:10 PM »
            hello again here's another way to download youtube videos to your computer this is a very easy way to do it
            download real player go to youtube look at any video you want to download and click on the realplayer dowload link right above it

youtube now has movies tv shows and cartoons go to youtube make sure you only go to youtube home page then videos then animation and cartoons here you should be able to download some cartoons

and real player  also works with other sights than youtube  it will work with hulu veoh  tvshack abc cbs nbc fox joost and many others

if there isn't a real player download link above the youtube vidieo you can also left click on any video and download it to your real player

other sights might not have the real player download logo above the video so you will have to left click

what do you mean you can download a youtube video in google search i'm not saying you can't but i didn't see any download link please describe in more detail how do this   

http://www.kidswb.com/video/#/The%20New%20Scooby-Doo%20Mysteries   here is were you can get episodes of scooby doo and looney tunes

nick jr has some videos as well

« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 01:32:28 AM by 876543219 »

MomNEEDShelp

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2009, 11:34:01 AM »
              If I have asked a similar question in the past, I am sorry but it means that I did not fully learn what you guys explained. In other words, I stil can't do something that you may have tried to guide me thru. (I am sorry for any similar questions)  I am a single mom and self teach myself from you guys. I know little about pc's. Thanks for your help in advance.

I found this site and downloaded it. http://www.filebuzz.com/fileinfo/55425/Hulu_Video_Downloader.html

As you can see from my screenshot, the box popped up for the Hulu Downloader but I can not get the Scooby episode to download in it. ???  Which place am I suppose to choose from the drop down menu in the "SAVE AS" menu? Do I even have those locations?

When I click the ADD button, I get an error that reads  "NO VIDEO TO DOWNLOAD OR LINK ALREADY IN LIST".  Huh??

[attachment deleted by admin]

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
              • Geek After Dark
                • Gekk9pm bnlog
              • Certifications: List
              • Experience: Expert
              « Reply #10 on: September 06, 2009, 11:49:24 AM »
              Here we go again, again.

http://tinyurl.com/legal-video-downloads

Notice the link to the Motion pix industry

And today this search gives a link to a USA today article.
              Please read some of these before you post a wild and extreme view on this topic.

And  just maybe this will be the last time we run this through the wringer.

MomNEEDShelp

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2009, 11:54:52 AM »
                 I thought when I found FREEWARE it was free and ok to use.

Again, I am just a mom who is learning here. Thought with all of the free tv viewing sites, it was ok to watch them at a later time. (Like I do on my home tv with my DVR)

Not looking to create waves.  Thanks.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
                • Geek After Dark
                  • Gekk9pm bnlog
                • Certifications: List
                • Experience: Expert
                « Reply #12 on: September 06, 2009, 12:10:15 PM »
                Here is the USA Today article about this topic.

Download movies from Web can be easy, legal

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/columnist/kimkomando/2004-09-27-komando_x.htm

Helpmeh

Guru

• Roar.
                  • Yes
                  • Yes
                • Experience: Familiar
                « Reply #13 on: September 06, 2009, 12:33:33 PM »
                The OP did say free, but that's just not legal so that USA today page was the next best thing.
                Where's MagicSpeed?
                Quote from: 'matt'
                He's playing a game called IRL. Great graphics, *censored* gameplay.

Beginner

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2009, 05:37:37 PM »
                  i never heard of file buzz but realplayer will work will hulu if there is no download icon above the video you to left click on the video and click on real player dowload i found this video that will show you how to do this step by step and maybe answer some of your questions if it's legal i noticed you have real player one that will not work for this try to download the latest version of real player you can then try

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btn71auTVWg

here are a couple other sights you could try that realplayer will work with most sights you go to real player will work

be careful when you download cartoons on you tube are anywere else for that matter i seen a cartoon on youtube were they edited the laguage to not so good language in some spots trying to be funny