Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: NO CDROM OR CDRW LISTED!  (Read 2781 times)

WORLDBIZ

NO CDROM OR CDRW LISTED!
« on: June 08, 2005, 10:51:48 AM »
Hello
I have this Warning AFTER  inserting the CD that come with the motherboard while trying to
install the driver!

Your multi-function device (Standard Dual PCI IDE Controller) has some child devices using 32bit drivers and others using
compatibility mode drivers. This configuartion is not supported so your pc has been halted to prevent corruption.
After restart, windows will use compatibility mode drivers for each child device attached to this multi-function device. You may
obtain an updated driver for the device that caused the problem by calling the manufacturer or you can disable the device.

I am using PRE-INSTALLED COMPAQ DESKTOP 7400 SERIES WINDOW 98SE OS, (NO OS CD GIVEN)

865PE Neo2-PLS P4 SOCKET  478 MAINBOARD.
AOPEN CD-R/RW, MODEL CRW5232/AAP PRO,
KINGSTON 512MB DDR SDRAM 400MHZ.
INTEL PENTIUM 4 at 2.4GHZ

I have set the cdrw to master and installed under #2 IDE slot.
The AOPEN CD-R/RW model is shown in the BIOS under secondary master.
BUT My Computer and device manager section  has NO CDRW drive listed.

I have tried cable change, checked cable and power connections and all verified correct but still NO CDRW drive in my system.

Please advice soon. Thanks.

merlin_2

Re: NO CDROM OR CDRW LISTED!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 11:12:44 AM »
see if aopen has a patch for it......or updated drivers....or have a read and see if any of these sorts it>http://club.aopen.com.tw/forum/viewmessage.asp?forumID=20&MessageID=75982
« Last Edit: June 08, 2005, 11:14:50 AM by merlin_2 »