Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: "no active mixer devices" - sound help  (Read 2865 times)

duck_ninja

Topic Starter

"no active mixer devices" - sound help
    « on: September 05, 2009, 07:06:01 PM »
    When I go to my volume controle this message comes up :
    "There are no active mixer devices available. To install mixer devices go to Controle Panel, click printers and other hardware and then click Add Hardware. This program will now close."

When I put a C.D. and try to play it through Windows Media Player this message shows up :
    "Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly."

Everytime these messages pop up, a beep is sounded from my somewhere that isn't my external speakers,  that is the only audio I seem to get.

My speakers are plugged in to the sound card and port (pardon my lack of computer knowledge). I really don't know what to do. I have tried a number of things off the internet. I have also tried downloading audio drives off of dell.com.

My computer is a Dell Dimension E510, my operating system is Windows XP, and I have some old Boston and some newish Kinyo speakers.

Please Help Me Out!

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: "no active mixer devices" - sound help
    « Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 02:54:13 AM »
    Travel back to the Dell site and enter your service tag# from the machine...
    It will list all your drivers...re-install the MBoard chipset drivers then the sound drivers...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

duck_ninja

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 05:14:17 PM »
      thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!
      And a million more ! I'm so glad it worked :]

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 09:43:24 PM »
      Good News...
      Thanx for posting back to let us know and Welcome to CH...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "