Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: how run command prompt without displaying black screen  (Read 6936 times)

emuhulk

how run command prompt without displaying black screen
« on: September 12, 2009, 04:41:04 PM »
hello everyone ,

how can i run test.bat  file without displaying anything to the user i mean that black screen not showing

thanks

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: how run command prompt without displaying black screen
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 04:54:18 PM »
This question has been asked before. Even commercial developers have a hard time doing that. Those who ask this question often are people who wish to do secret and harmful things ot other peoples computers.
We would like to help, but there is no easy answer we can offer. There is little reason to hide a DOS box from the user if it is only going to be there for a second or two.

Powerful programs that must run in the background are made using guidelines in  the SDK (Software Development Kit) from Microsoft. It is beyond the general scope of this forum to help people with making system level programs.

But if you want to learn more about the Microsoft SDK. here is a link to free information and a tutorial.
http://quickstarts.asp.net/QuickStartv20/default.aspx

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 06:48:31 PM »
Still don't understand why it has to be silent...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Helpmeh

Guru

• Roar.
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009, 06:54:10 PM »
If it's in an office, just display that the window shouldn't be closed as it is for their benefit or something.
Where's MagicSpeed?
Quote from: 'matt'
He's playing a game called IRL. Great graphics, *censored* gameplay.

Helpmeh

Guru

• Roar.
    • Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2009, 08:14:33 PM »
It's not because of you that we can't reveal how to make batch files run invisibly, it's because if someone who has bad intentions get's hold of it, they could do some nasty things.
Where's MagicSpeed?

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2009, 08:29:22 PM »
emulhulk, the question isn't merely about wether you need this for a legitimate use. remember this forum is available from the internet, publically. to anybody. If somebody were to encounter this thread (and somebody HAD provided an answer to run a batch file silently) then there is no telling wether they will use it for malicious intent.

Additionally being here for less then a day and telling people who have been here for years how to conduct themselves- and members of the forum staff, no less, is nothing short then inexcusable. To even suggest that your grasp of the "rules" of the forum is greater them somebody who has both followed and enforced them for years is nothing short of amazing.

I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Helpmeh

Guru

• Roar.
    • Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2009, 08:39:07 PM »
There was nothing wrong with your question. The more questions like this exist, the more likely someone will see our answer, so the less likely they will post the same question!

Wierd, but it works somehow lol!
Where's MagicSpeed?

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2009, 09:04:29 PM »
To emuhulk
Glad to see your apology.
If you really need the answer to your original question, this is the best forum there is to help people who are new to computer management.
The security issue is a very important concern.

BC_Programmer is the one here that can best help you. He knows how to do want you want. But the answer is not what you expect.  And he would tell you there is not simple way to hide the presence of batch files because there is almost no need to do it in secret. Even some programs from Microsoft will show the DOS  scream until done.  The most piratical answer is to re-write the program in a system language, like C and compile it to run as a background task. I would guess that would be what BC woul tell you, if you asked him in a very nice way.

A Google search shows the question has come up years ago and nobody had a easy answer. Batch files are not well suited for running without any visibility to the computer user. 

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2009, 09:08:37 PM »
To emuhulk
Glad to see your apology.
If you really need the answer to your original question, this is the best forum there is to help people who are new to computer management.
The security issue is a very important concern.

BC_Programmer is the one here that can best help you. He knows how to do want you want. But the answer is not what you expect.  And he would tell you there is not simple way to hide the presence of batch files because there is almost no need to do it in secret. Even some programs from Microsoft will show the DOS  scream until done.  The most piratical answer is to re-write the program in a system language, like C and compile it to run as a background task. I would guess that would be what BC woul tell you, if you asked him in a very nice way.

A Google search shows the question has come up years ago and nobody had a easy answer. Batch files are not well suited for running without any visibility to the computer user. 

well actually- it's a one liner in both vb6 and vbscript.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Mulreay

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2009, 09:34:13 PM »
forum that i tought it can help to develope my project for my internship.

See now it's homework and that's frowned upon in here.
If it's homework then ask and explain exactly what it is YOU have done to find the answer. I love google but it costs my neighbours a lot of money to keep me on the internet..

elel302

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2009, 08:59:57 AM »
Download the app in the attatchments I made, drag a batch file onto it or run like: INVISIRUN.exe PROGRAM.bat
It will run the batch program invisible.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://download.cnet.com/Bat-To-Exe-Converter/3000-2069_4-10555897.html
Free compiling software to convert .bat to .exe, you can click Invisible Application to make it invisible.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do not use Invisirun.exe for HAX0R batch files as I am not responsible for any damage caused to any comps.
 ;)

elel302

[attachment deleted by admin]

Helpmeh

Guru

• Roar.
    • Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2009, 02:19:14 PM »
Download the app in the attatchments I made, drag a batch file onto it or run like: INVISIRUN.exe PROGRAM.bat
It will run the batch program invisible.
http://download.cnet.com/Bat-To-Exe-Converter/3000-2069_4-10555897.html
Free compiling software to convert .bat to .exe, you can click Invisible Application to make it invisible.
Do not use Invisirun.exe for HAX0R batch files as I am not responsible for any damage caused to any comps.
 ;)

elel302
Please delete that post.
Where's MagicSpeed?