Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Unable to boot up laptop  (Read 2158 times)

miss spooky

Topic Starter

Starter

Unable to boot up laptop
    « on: September 13, 2009, 01:46:13 AM »
    Hi,

I am helping a friend who has a Acer Travelmate 2413LM, Intel Celeron M Processor 370. Running Windows XP with Explorer 7 which we are unable to start up. Either freezes on the windows logo screen, or if you can get to the safe mode options, select safe mode, the list of drivers runs then freezes. The comp doesn't get past either of these points.

I have tried to boot in safe mode and tried all the combinations: safe mode, last known good config, reboot, start windows normally noene of these work.

I managed to get into the Windows recovery partition (alt F10) and tried the factory default but I had an error message saying internal error 8027 an internal consistency has been detected, if prob is persistant then contact symantic tech support.

I then tried with the back up discs that came with laptop - ran through these fine, started copying files and has frozen at 40%. It stayed like this most of yesterday until I turned it off.

Turned it on this morning to see what would happen, logo screen loaded, a blue screen flashed past then went back to the safe mode option screen.

Got no further?

miss spooky

Topic Starter

Starter

Re: Unable to boot up laptop
      « Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 05:08:12 AM »
      Please close this thread as I found alternatiove help.

Many thanks

MS