Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Java and NET Framework problems !  (Read 2092 times)

l3acon

Java and NET Framework problems !
« on: September 11, 2009, 08:44:34 PM »
Ive got two problems

Problem 1:

Problem with Java, I downloaded Java from Sun Micro systems a while ago and it worked fine. But I haven't used it for a while now and when I try to play a game that requires Java the Window just freezes and I cannot do anything. Ive been downloading the automatic updates for Java and Ive tried to uninstall Java and Re-install it, but it still freezes.
Currently using Java 6 Standard Edition Update 15
How can I fix this and start playing my games again?

Problem 2:

Im currently trying to install Microsoft Framework 3.0 but it is not letting me. I currently use Framework 1.1. When I start installing Framework 3.0, its starts the set up fine, takes about 2 minutes for the installation but the it stops the installation and comes up with a
Step Up Error:
"An error occured during setup. Installed files have been removed from your computer. For known issues and troubleshooting information, see online Readme. For error information, see Error Log."

and also a window pops up.

"Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 x86 has encountered a problem during setip.
Setup did not complete correctly.

Send Report..." etc.

When I click the Error Log it comes up with:
"[09/11/09,17:36:18] Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0: [2] Error: Installation failed for component Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0. MSI returned error code 1603
[09/11/09,17:36:36] WapUI: [2] DepCheck indicates Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 is not installed."

What do I need to do to set up Framework 3.0?