Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Re: What to do while waiting for a reply to question  (Read 2774 times)

alvin_williams45

Topic Starter

Re: What to do while waiting for a reply to question
    « on: September 13, 2009, 12:33:26 PM »
    Hello and thank you for your assistance.

First, this is a home computer, my system has a service pack which is SP3.

The Antiviruses that are on my computer is Avira Antivirus and Trend Internet Security, this one is disables to use Avira.

I'm trying to understand if I need to redesigenate the hard drives to the drive that I have the virus in.

Remember my system has two hard drives, the one I'm trying to repair is the Fujitsu 15k, 36gb hard drive. Do I go through the bios to redesigenate hard drive and reboot in safe mode or do I use the good hard drive?

To use the bad hard drive the system is limited because of the missing programs and without those programs I can't download or work some features that are on the hard drive itself.

Again, I'm just trying to understand which hard drive I'm working with.

Is there one antivirus program better than the ones I have already and do you need me to download a particular software.

I will do whatever is needed, please keep in mine I'm not a computer expert, just trying to learn. Be patient with me and explain in detail.

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: What to do while waiting for a reply to question
    « Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 12:37:13 PM »
    May I just ask why you chose this thread for your question?