Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: wicked virus need help  (Read 2224 times)

jjdog720

Topic Starter

Rookie

wicked virus need help
    « on: September 16, 2009, 11:58:27 AM »
    alright so the other day i was on my computer and i noticed that my computer was starting to run slow.. Then like 5 mins later spyware stuff started to pop up telling me my computer was infected.. So i thought it was just some malware or virus.. I tried to start running my scanner/malware remover but my computer was freezing up.. So i decided to restart my computer(dumb decision)... When i logged back on i notice i couldnt load any of my programs.. Black boxes were popping up instead of the program loading.. I cant log onto the internet, my task manager doesnt work... also when i go into control panal i cant even get into the system properties to try to do system restore.. Virtually its impossible to do anything at all.. I tried safe mode and anything possible in F8 and nothing changes or helps... Another problem is that i was thinking about just reformating my computer but cant seem to find the windows cd anywhere...  I was just wondering if there is anything i could possibly do to get rid of this virus or somehow reformat my computer without the cd... 
     I have windows xp media center edition 2005...
    Dell Inspiron E1505 labtop...
    P.s. i also recieve (parameter is incorrect) error when i try to access some things in My Computer.. not sure if that will help.. Let me know if you need any more info.. thx
    « Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 01:03:25 PM by jjdog720 »

jjdog720

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: wicked virus need help
      « Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 05:02:52 PM »
      alright here is an update... I have been playing around with things for a few hours now... I can open programs if i find an unknown file, browse, then try to open that file through a program.. If i click on a program from desktop or any folder in windows directly it will pop up a black box(looks like when you use RUN)and will not load.. (sry hard to explain how it looks..)  So i was finally able to use malware remover program (NVT Malware Remover Tool V2) it found 3 files.. I deleted 2 of them but 1 cant be removed... So i went to the folder ( C:\WINDOWS\system32\lowsec) was the supposed bad file and i cant delete it because it says another program is using it... Remember i cant use task manager... So i used a program called CCleaner.. there it shows what programs start up when you restart your computer.. So i disabled all programs restarted my computer and went to the file, tried to delete it and it still says being used by another program... Any suggestions on how to delete that file or if im even on the right track lol... I cant use internet.. and i cant use RUN... or anything like that... please help if possible.. THX  :)

Helpmeh

Guru

• Roar.
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 05:06:21 PM »
      Please go to the specific section for Malware removal. There are experts there who can help you out with your problem. When you post there, please include information on what you did in as much detail as possible, the post the 3 logs when requested.
      Where's MagicSpeed?
      Quote from: 'matt'
      He's playing a game called IRL. Great graphics, *censored* gameplay.

jjdog720

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 05:08:42 PM »
        thx sry im new here... i will do that asap...