Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problem installing adsl usb modem driver  (Read 2512 times)

Lisey

Problem installing adsl usb modem driver
« on: June 11, 2005, 01:23:10 PM »
hello,

Im hoping someone can give me a few clues as what to do or who to contact as I'm not sure where the problem lies with this!

I bought a new acer aspire 3002wlmi laptop yesterday, the OS is XP home (service pack 2).  I have been using broadband on my PC with a D-Link DSL-200 USB modem and theres been absolutely no problems there, but when I tried to install the modem driver on my laptop it gets about 3/4 of the way through before it gives me this error message:

"There is a problem installing the drivers for your modem
The operating system could not install the driver properly"

Im totally stuck!  I don't have extensive knowledge of computers, If something goes wrong I usually do a google on it, but this time I found no information at all.

I looked at the Acer home pages tech support stuff, and the D-Link support questions, I even downloaded new drivers from D-Link and tried those but no.

This is driving me mad, Im hoping someone out there has a few clues.

Thanks in advance  :)

merlin_2

Re: Problem installing adsl usb modem driver
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2005, 01:26:27 PM »
 load the software  from your isp on your laptop it contains the drivers for your usb modem??what usb..modem is it//speedtouch/alcatel

Raptor

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2005, 01:40:30 PM »
See if you can obtain the most recent drivers from the website of the USB modem manufacturer.

Lisey

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2005, 01:48:06 PM »
OK the modem is a D-Link DSL-200 USB one, and yes I did say that I dwnloaded the new drivers  ;D but they still didnt work

merlin_2

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2005, 01:54:29 PM »
Have a look here at this USB Device Stops Working or Won't Resume  >>http://www.usbman.com/winxpusbguide.htm

laptops arh.. ;)