Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Star Wars- Dark Forces  (Read 3568 times)

Ryan

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Experience: Familiar
    Star Wars- Dark Forces
    « on: September 06, 2009, 08:26:54 PM »
    Does anybody at Computer Hope remember the MS-DOS first-person shooter "Star Wars: Dark Forces" by Lucasarts?  I happen to be recording videos of myself playing through the game using DOSBox, and the game is set on the hard difficulty.  The next level I am going to be recording is Nar Shaddaa.  I'm going to need to be really careful here as there's quite a few trandoshans around.  (I hate them and their concussion rifles.)  However, despite starting with 200 shield units, I will still be able to get the first two shield powerups even if I wait until later.  I won't need to use cheats as I fixed the elevator in the level that would not work, using Wedit to correct all of the errors associated with it, making it useful if needed.  (This elevator is the second one encountered in the level, found in the room where the trandoshans are first encountered on the hard difficulty.  It takes the player back to the starting room area.)

Mulreay

Re: Star Wars- Dark Forces
    « Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 08:31:09 PM »
    Are you actually asking something here? Or just telling us what your up to?  ???

Ryan

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 08:31:48 PM »
      I'm talking about what I'm up to, but also asking if anybody else has played Dark Forces.

Kurtiskain

Mentor

• Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 08:40:26 PM »
      Played it. Clocked it. Sold it  ;D