Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: cannot restore computer after sims3  (Read 2647 times)

RevPam

Topic Starter

Starter

cannot restore computer after sims3
    « on: September 21, 2009, 02:41:04 AM »
    i got the sims3 in june after it came out. it ran fine until the launcher did an update to the game from the website. was able to download custom content and use the forums, but loads of people have similar(sp) problems with the game launcher but i worked around not being able to open the game without it by going in what i call the back door, at least we called it that when i was young.  anyway i have windows xp professional sp 3, 64 bit. the guy that built the computer for me disabled the internet explorer and put in mozilla firefox. not sure how to re enable it, tried downloading the newest version of internet explorer but i keep getting errors when i try opening it and frankly have given up on it and have learned to accept using mozilla up until this point. i wandered, sorry. anyway after several times of installing and uninstalling sims 3, going thru manual uninstall, backing up files onto a flash drive and defragging and still not being able to get it to work right i decided i might as well go to system restore and go to before i did the very first install. no dice, the computer will not restore, errors in windows and it informs me it cannot perform the task,and there is not restore point before june of this year even though i have had the compter for 2 years. i do not have the windows xp disc and the guy that built the computer left town. i can still get on the internet with mozilla although not to anything that needs the explorer, so i don't even know if i can uninstall firefox. i went to a computer fix it store and the man told me to format the system, which i am pretty sure that takes the disc. i have updated all the drivers on here from links provided from sims 3 website and went to ati and optimized the dual core processor. i have 3 hard drives totalling 120 gb and 1.99 gb ram with amd athlon 64x2 dual core processor 4200+
    any thoughts or ideas i would be most grateful on this as i am getting totally frustrated with this. thank you

Boozu

Hopeful

• Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: cannot restore computer after sims3
    « Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 02:53:19 AM »
    Have you tried to run an anti virus. Don't format the drive as you will erase everything and you said you don't have the xp disk, you would then be screwd.
    Don't worry about it.  If it's not good at stock, then it's not good.

RevPam

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 12:45:55 PM »
      yes i have run the anti virus, disc clean up and de fragged

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 06:50:35 PM »
      Is this the Sharpie version of Sims 3 ? ?
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

RevPam

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 07:02:24 PM »
        no this is just the regular version that came out in stores for $49