Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Backup changes only to USB stick  (Read 2380 times)

supermonkey

Topic Starter

Rookie

Backup changes only to USB stick
    « on: September 23, 2009, 02:37:15 AM »
    Hi all,

Not sure if this is the best place for this. I have an external HDD for main backup, but I have been using my USB stick to back up my photos as I found it easier and quicker to do regularly.

I've found that the USB stick is now too small. I am now planning on putting these files on a PS3 and would like to use the USB stick to transfer. Does anyone know of a program that would somehow track the new and edited files to save to the stick and then ensure they are saved in the right folder when transferred?

Thanks

geek hoodlum

Apprentice
      • Yes
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Backup changes only to USB stick
    « Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 03:34:44 AM »
    Does anyone know of a program that would somehow track the new and edited files to save to the stick and then ensure they are saved in the right folder when transferred?

Hi supermonkey, you can check the modified date of the specific file. I'm not sure if there's a program but let's wait for CH members feedback.

supermonkey

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 05:21:18 AM »
      thanks - problem is its quite a few files in lots of directories so doing it all manually would be a nightmare. I know there are synch programs that would backup to the USB stick, but this would require the full set of files being on the stick which I cannot do...

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 06:46:17 AM »
      Windows has a way to do this, but it seems few people use it.
      How To Use the Briefcase Feature in Windows XP
      http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307885