Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: is the fx400 btx case compatible with the core i7 motherboards & processors?  (Read 3970 times)

Thomas901

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    is the fx400 btx case compatible with the core i7 motherboards & processors? do those motherboards only come in atx form?  i have no idea what im doing hahaha

Computer_Commando

Hacker
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Expert
    is the fx400 btx case compatible with the core i7 motherboards & processors? do those motherboards only come in atx form?  i have no idea what im doing hahaha
    I have no idea what you're talking about (hahaha).
    My crystal ball is providing no information at all.
    Be more specific.

Thomas901

Topic Starter

Rookie

i have a gateway fx400s desktop, i'm wanting to upgrade the motherboard to an intel core  i7 compatible processor.  but this computer has a btx format case(shell). i think the motherboards for the i7 processors can only fit atx style cases. i dont know.   anyone have any useful info???

Computer_Commando

Hacker
      • Experience: Expert
      Cases and power supplies are not expensive, don't upgrade, start from scratch.  Why gut a perfectly good computer which you could sell complete for $100-$150?

I just saw you posted this question twice?
      http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,92462.0.html
      The first time had more information.  No need to post you question more than once.

Thomas901

Topic Starter

Rookie

i just noticed you replied twice without even attempting to answer the question.  i dont want your opinion about what you think i should do or whatever. im simply asking if this computer case will take the same type of motherboards that are compatible with the new i7 processors....if you dont know the answer to the question then keep your  off the keyboard..gimp.  some of you geeks are so annoying. I SUPPOSE I SHOULDNT BE TYPING WITH CAPS LOCK ON EITHER HUH?  DOES THAT BOTHER YOU?

Edited for content...keep it clean.
        « Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 04:13:28 PM by patio »

Thomas901

Topic Starter

Rookie

and to answer your question that seems to be more important than mine.  im gutting the computer to give the parts to my mother. its much better than what she has now.  but im not even sure they can be swapped like that since one is atx and the other btx

Aegis

Expert

• Yes
            • Yes
            • Brian's Mess Of A Web Page
          if you dont know the answer to the question then keep your  off the keyboard..gimp.

This lovely sentiment has been reported to the moderators.  Rudeness is no substitute for true strength or toughness.
          « Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 04:13:46 PM by patio »

"For you, a thousand times over." - "The Kite Runner"

Thomas901

Topic Starter

Rookie

i feel so sorry for you.

Boozu

Hopeful

• Yes
              • Yes
            • Experience: Familiar
            No it is us (at least I) that feel sorry for you for thinking you can say rude things and not expect action to be taken.
            Don't worry about it.  If it's not good at stock, then it's not good.

Aegis

Expert

• Yes
              • Yes
              • Brian's Mess Of A Web Page
            Or that you must so easily resort to rudeness in order to make a point.  It shows a certain lack of...depth.

Besides, your answer, in part, is found HERE, and in many other places on the Internet.  If your current hardware is an ATX configuration, it won't be compatible unless the case is designed to handle both.

"For you, a thousand times over." - "The Kite Runner"