Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Video uses 100% CPU  (Read 1796 times)

mbkraus

Video uses 100% CPU
« on: September 22, 2009, 07:52:55 PM »
Hello everyone,

I just bought a 23 inch LCD monitor (1920x1080), and I'm having some issues running video.  The screen looks great in full resolution, and video works fine, when its a small size.  When I try to enlarge the video, from say a site like Hulu, my CPU usage goes to 100% and the video is extremely jerky.  When I decrease the resolution, I can increase the video size.

My question is, is this most likely a computer issue or a video card issue? If it is a video card issue, could I just upgrade in order to fix it, or will the slow processor keep me from running full video no matter what type of video card I have?

Specs:
Pentium 4 - 2.53 Ghz
1.50 GB RAM

Video Card:
ATI Radeon 9550 - 256 MB DDR

EEVIAC

Re: Video uses 100% CPU
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 08:37:11 PM »
Have you tried updating the driver for the video card, or reinstalling the driver?

Which version of Flash Player are you currently using?  Hulu requires 9.0 or higher...

edit: you could also try uninstalling Flash Player and REinstalling it..

« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 12:41:06 AM by EEVIAC »

T-Rex

Intermediate

Re: Video uses 100% CPU
    « Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 10:58:43 PM »
    Well technically it could go either way , some older drivers may fix the issue as well.
    "Big Brother in the form of an increasingly powerful government and in an increasingly powerful private sector will pile the records high with reasons why privacy should give way to national security, to law and order [...] and the like." - Justice William O. Douglas