Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: sound/music playback on XP Home Edition  (Read 1997 times)

leeson

Topic Starter

sound/music playback on XP Home Edition
    « on: September 23, 2009, 01:51:13 PM »
    Yesterday while playing music from a manufactured CD, the sound, via my two speakers, seemed suddenly to slow, not unlike the effect of hampering a turntable upon which a vinly record is playing.  Im short, the voice of the singer appeared to deepen and slowed down.  The same problem exists whether the source is a CD, a music download., spoken commentary from a sorts event, and so on.

I would be grateful if you might offer some tests/checks that I, a complete novice, might readily follow, or even a remedy or two!

Thanking you in anticipation.

Tom O'Connor

quaxo

Guru
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: sound/music playback on XP Home Edition
    « Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 08:48:54 PM »
    What are you using to play these sources? Windows Media Player, WinAmp, Creative MediaSource, something else? And what version of the program are you using?

A lot of more recent versions of these programs have time scaling, which affects playback speed, which might be the issue here.

leeson

Topic Starter

Re: sound/music playback on XP Home Edition
      « Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 07:18:39 AM »
      Thanks for the advice/guidance.  As if miraculously, the 'fault' remedied itself and at the moment all is well.  For your information though, I use Windows Media Player 10, as I also use iTunes, and Creative MediaSource Player as well.

Thanks for your time.  I hope the problem here has been cured.