Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Sound Problem  (Read 1867 times)

Publicosystem

Sound Problem
« on: September 25, 2009, 11:41:06 AM »
I use a pretty old Dell laptop (it doesn't have it's own cd rom) with a windows XP os.

Recently I have noticed that whenever I try to watch a video, listen to some music, play a game, the sound just does not come. Other sounds, like an error alerts, do come, however. No problem with the pictures, I just can't hear the sound that comes with it.

I tried to solve the problem myself and sometimes it worked. here's how: I go to the control panel, change the sound scheme to windows default, and get the sound back. Now, sadly, that is not helping either. Not even when I attach head phones.

I checked the Sound and Audio Devices properties. In the very first tab (volume) it says "no audio device". Same thing in the third tab (audio); under Sound playback it says "no playback devices." Same goes for every other tabs there.

SO pls, pls, if anyone knows how to solve this problem, pls email me at [email protected]. BTW I don't know what sound card I got in my laptop.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 03:03:46 PM by Publicosystem »

Computer_Commando

Hacker
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Sound Problem
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 11:57:39 AM »
From Sound Scheme, go to next tab (Audio); Sound Playback device will be shown; that's the sound card.  Go to Advanced-Performance, and adjust hardware acceleration and sample rate.