Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: changed motherboard and still nothing.  (Read 1981 times)

grop

changed motherboard and still nothing.
« on: September 27, 2009, 07:05:54 AM »
I have a Compaq NC6000 laptop. I had a bad motherboard so I changed it to a different mother board (WORKING). After installing I turned it on and it went threw a bunch of numbers. Once that was done a window ask if I want to do the following. I think it said to cancel, set up computer, or save setting. I choose set up computer. This opened a new window for setting up the computer. I think it was the dios (spelling) window for the computer. I have seen it before when I had to put a new hard drive in. I just exit out of this window. Shortly after that the computer screen went blank. The lights on the hard drive and multibay drive were flashing with a beep (if I remember right). Same time the light flashed on it beeped. How many beeps I do not remember. Did not know it was a code. Now all it does are both lights are continuously on. I have played with plugging in the power with the battery to any possible way with a power source. We I do this and turn on the computer nothing but lights on and sometimes the fan would turn on. Again this is from different start ups things would happen. Lost!!!!