Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer stuck at start up  (Read 3467 times)

megaera289

Topic Starter

Computer stuck at start up
    « on: November 03, 2009, 03:07:18 AM »
    Hi I have an old desktop computer (Windows 95?) which used to work fine until we moved house. it was in storage (did not get damp etc) and now it will not work. It turns on fine and goes through the page where you can press F2 for set up options etc and then goes to the big blue screen saying with clouds saying Windows 95 but never goes any further. Does anyone know what  I can do to sort this out? All i want to do is retrieve some files off of the computer (a big music playlist thing) and transfer it onto another computer but I cannot fix it. The monitor is fine as it works on the other computer we have. Any ideas would be gratefully received! Thanks

gpl

Apprentice
      Re: Computer stuck at start up
      « Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 03:50:37 AM »
      If thats all you need, whip the disk out and plug it into your new pc, or stick it into a usb caddy - it will then be very easy to copy off anything you want!

megaera289

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 06:42:21 AM »
        hello again! thankyou very much for your reply. sorry to be a total computer moron but how do i remove the disk? what disk?! thanks!

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 06:47:45 AM »
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "