Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows internet explorer not responding  (Read 3449 times)

Bridgewaiter2

Windows internet explorer not responding
« on: September 30, 2009, 08:48:14 AM »
Updated AVG 8 Free on my laptop Was on the internet when Secure Veteran appeared stating that I had Spyware and needed to remove it. The computer immediately shut down Internet Explorer 7.  Each time I tried to reenter or repair, Windows Internet Explorer would not response. This is a laptop on a wireless connection.  I have tested my other laptop and it responds to the browser.  My desktop is also on a wireless connection.  All other computers respond. Operating system XP. Help!!

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Windows internet explorer not responding
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 09:23:08 AM »
You're infected...

SecureVeteran is classified as a misleading anti-virus application because it uses false scan results and fake security alerts to convince you that your computer is infected with malware. Please note that the only real infection is Secure Veteran itself. The rogue program is installed through the use of Trojans, fake online anti-spyware scanners and various misleading websites that supposedly provide free online videos
of well known TV shows. Most of the time, the user is prompted to install video codec to watch requested video. Then an executable file pop ups, for example vstream_udate.104.exe or similar. Usually such file contains a Trojan virus or it is a setup file of a certain rogue security program.

Travel to our Virus and Spyware section and follow the info at the top of the page for posting your info...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "