Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: ask for help  (Read 3178 times)

progach

Topic Starter

Rookie

• i am working hard to be the programmer
    ask for help
    « on: October 24, 2009, 05:02:31 PM »
    i would like to find the functions or manner how to make an input output mp3 extensions or any similar extensions

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: ask for help
    « Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 05:10:36 PM »
    Welcome to the Computer Hope Forum.
    The is the best place to get free, helpful advice.

You question seems to be about the way sound is kept in a computer file.
    The are easy to use programs that can record sounds and convert formats.
    One I like is found here:
    http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
    By using that program you can learn h ow to record and modify sounds stored on the computer.

progach

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 04:23:29 AM »
      thank you geek.but if i can explain more i am programming with C language and i am programming a little program that runs a song automatically the morning.i have a difficulties to program in C the functions that allows me to do that.in addition i ignore the C library that make me work with sound extensions.thanks

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      « Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 11:24:38 AM »
      ignore the C library that make me work with sound extensions.thanks
      I do not understand why you do that?
      How much C programming do you know?
      I am a seasoned programming and I can write code without a library as a test of my ability, but otherwise I am very lazy and often use tools that are already available.
      And in many cases, a new program is not even needed. With Windows there are many functions and programs that can be invoked as easily as a function.

Did you read over the information about audacity?
      The source code is available, It is mostly C++. Yet even this amazing program uses a plug-in from another source to play MP3. To code a MP3 player in C is a major project. And this is the general case. MP3 decoding is complicated process.

What I think you mean is more like this:
      'How can I write a C program that will start and close the Windows Media Player as a child process when the computer is turned on in the morning.'   :)

progach

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2009, 08:30:16 AM »
        thank you very much Geek.i know well enough in C programming to make simple things like maths functions execution,organizing a little work in structres,for example in a shooll...well but we are developping slowly in the universityb and i am looking for other ways  to improve my self.i guess you understand my last post well.thank ans i am pleesed to know and hope that we can exchange informations to gether(but it seems ur more powerful than me.. ;)

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
        • Geek After Dark
          • Gekk9pm bnlog
        « Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 02:20:29 PM »
        Thank you,
        Really as student you  have much power. You have real people around you that can interact with you in very powerful ways that go bey hound what can be said in a forum like this.

Here a re some things to consider f you are going to program in Windows.
        A larger amount of the tutorials on the Internet for Windows programming are based on C++ and mostly the Visual Studio version. A student version of the package is free. The material is optimized for Windows programming. But if it was for professionals use, a compiler of this ability would be hundreds of dollars.

http://www.microsoft.com/Express/VC/

The Windows API is very important for you if you want to write Windows programs.

Here are some features in the student version of VC:

* The Game Creators Development kit offers QuickStarts and detail API documentation with samples
            * Access the C++ Beginner's Guide free e-book by Herb Schildt to get started learning the fundamentals today
            * Get started quickly by becoming familiar with the Visual C++ development environment with the Introduction to Visual C++ 2008 video

Consult with your instructors to see if C++ is recommended by them.