Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Ping ok but can't log also itself  (Read 3052 times)

samnang

Topic Starter

Beginner

Ping ok but can't log also itself
    « on: October 05, 2009, 10:39:58 AM »
    I have a laptop DELL using Kaspersky before network ok can log and ping to others and also Internet Ok. But 2 or 3 days ago it has aproblems somes windows about svchost.exe faultling application and I take it to fix just update windows and it ok fter that it can't log into others pc(use IP) also itself but ping ok.
    msg:
            \\0.0.0.0
            The network location cannot be reached. For information about network trubleshouting, see windows Help.

And i try check : some services like: computer Browser, secondary logon, server, computer workstation are be started and also disable firewall still the same.

thank all for help and looking forward.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Ping ok but can't log also itself
    « Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 02:51:30 PM »
    More details...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

luck of the irish

Intermediate
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 04:26:58 PM »
    did you turn on wireless networking card?

Basically we need more information, so what I want you to do for us, is do the following:

1. Start
    2. Control Panel
    3. Administrative tools
    4. Event Viewer

Also did you try registering your DNS? These are just suggestions until we know exactly what is wrong, we will know this as soon as you repeat the Event ID from Event Viewer, thank you.

samnang

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 08:37:18 PM »
      What I have done before just update windows, edit registry ExportBindName, EnableDECOME and use Windows Worms Door. These i just do follow they tell me about fix svchost.exe fautlling. but after that it can't log. when click repaire on network is show yellow exclamation and need me clear ARP Cache.

Thank for all reply