Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problem with javascript in IE8  (Read 4164 times)

wif1

Problem with javascript in IE8
« on: October 03, 2009, 03:26:22 AM »
Help!  I recently deleted some old programs from my lap top to speed up my system.  Since then, I keep getting an error message in websites requiring Javascript (they all tell me that Java script is basically void).  I've tried downloading Java and IE8 again and changing all of my browser settings, following advice regarding enabling Java and Javascript checkboxes etc.  The problem prevents me, for example in ebay being automatically redirected to a new URL or accessing vitually anything within other site.  As a workaround, I've loaded Firefox, which works but is slow.

This is driving me absolutely crazy and so I would really appreciate someone helping before I throw my laptop out the window!

Many thanks in advance.

David

bobgar34

Intermediate

• Experience: Experienced
Re: Problem with javascript in IE8
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 12:58:28 AM »
when you say you deleted some programs , what exactly did you do? you can`t just go to the folder where programs are installed and start deleting stuff!

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Problem with javascript in IE8
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 02:28:54 PM »
You cannot delete JavaScript as there is nothing to delete! It is built into the browser. Just be sure not to mix up Java with JavaScript.

So you have tried reinstalling IE8?