Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: connect projector to pc  (Read 2483 times)

lavender

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    connect projector to pc
    « on: October 05, 2009, 07:41:58 AM »
    hello

I want to connect a projector to my Acer pc i have 1 serial port on that pc and i have got 2 cables connected to the projector one with red,yellow,white ends and another one looks like this one

but i cant seem to get this right so please help me to know connect what to what

shanonz

Re: connect projector to pc
      « Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 07:47:42 PM »
      Hi there

The cable from the projector with the red/white/yellow wont be for use with PC, that is for connecting to a TV or similar.

What you should be doing is connecting the plug in the photo into your laptops serial port. Is the problem with plugging it in or making the picture appear on the projector? If so please advise what operating system you are running.

Cheers

Shane

lavender

Topic Starter

Intermediate
        « Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 01:02:51 AM »
        that cord worked fine but the thing is that the image only shows in the projector screen not in the pc what addon would work that out?

lavender

Topic Starter

Intermediate
          « Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 10:39:16 AM »
          well my last questions seem to have no answer so heres another  ::) my projector and my pc also have a DVI port can i use that to show my desktop in both screens(projector screen + pc monitor)?

Gizmologist

Beginner

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 02:47:16 PM »
            Most computers have a toggle function where only one screen is active at a time.  There are commands that will switch the external VGA port on along with the internal screen but I am not sure what the command on your system would be. Look in the display section of the control panel.

BTW the cable in the image is a VGA/SVGA video connector and not a serial connection. Serial DB connectors are 9 pins and that is a 15 pin.

Also the stereo mini is usually a piggyback cable for audio.