Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: DirectX Problem with MOH: Pacific Assault  (Read 6700 times)

Kevin Bonise

DirectX Problem with MOH: Pacific Assault
« on: June 11, 2005, 07:15:11 PM »
Just installed MOH: Pacific Assault. When I try to load it I get an error message telling me my video card doesn't support DirectX 8.1. I'm running XP SP2 with NVIDIA GeForce4 MX4000 video card, which does support 8.1 (in fact, I'm currently running 9.0c). Anyone know what the problem might be?

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: DirectX Problem with MOH: Pacific Assault
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2005, 09:41:19 PM »
Have you tried updating your video card drivers? Have you looked at the game manufacturer's website for support documents similar to your issue?

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Kevin Bonise

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2005, 02:05:16 AM »
Yes on both counts.

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2005, 06:07:33 AM »
Being able to install DirectX 9.0C does not mean that your videocard actually supports it.

However, your card is capable of DirectX 8.1 Support. I believe your problem is a more common issue, and you will most likely have more success on the Electronic Arts technical suport forum.

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #4 on: June 12, 2005, 04:11:10 PM »
    Did you update your video drivers at Microsoft?
    If so, try updating from nvidea.

Kevin Bonise

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2005, 09:17:30 PM »
    Silly me. Had I gone to the EA Games website in the first place, I would have seen the disclaimer that MOH-PA does not support the GeForce MX series video card. Considering that not one other game in my extensive library has a problem with it, we are once again shown why EA SUCKS !!!!!

A $60 video game rendered useless.

Raptor

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2005, 05:29:03 AM »
    It may not support the videocard, but that does not mean that it should not work.

I suggest you E-mail EA technical support and tell them that you have an ATI Radeon video card that provides you with the error as you have described. See if they come up with a solution that is appliable to Nvidia videocards as well.

They'll instantly love you because everyone knows ATI kicks some serious buttocks.

TN2COOL

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2005, 10:47:44 AM »
    The geforce cards are great too raptor!  Oh and Kevin, just in case your going to buy a new game.. If you happen to pick up a game called Farcry, know that it needs a cd drive without writing (RW) capabilities JUST TO INSTALL.  Then it needs specific compatible video cards to run!

Kevin Bonise

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2005, 08:20:20 PM »
    That sounds like a great idea, Raptor.

Now this probably makes me sound like a total noob, but I can't find the EA e-mail address in any of the documentation with the game or on the website. Is it possible they don't have a publicly available e-mail address?

Fed

• Sage
      « Reply #9 on: June 15, 2005, 08:36:54 PM »
      TN2COOL, I've installed Farcry with a burner only?
      BTW, there is a replacement .exe file for Farcry to avoid having to put the disk in.

Fed

• Sage
        « Last Edit: June 15, 2005, 08:45:25 PM by Fed »

Raptor

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2005, 03:06:27 AM »
        If I recall correctly, you are to create an account at EA technical support and then there is a system which allows you to send them a message rather than an E-mail.

There is also a database of known issues available which is actually quite comprehensive.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
          • Yes
        • Certifications: List
        • Experience: Guru
        « Reply #12 on: June 16, 2005, 06:10:59 AM »
        That's correct Raptor. You leave a message, and they leave you a message... You will get an E-Mail however telling you that the questions has been updated, and you have the option to reply to the question through the message.

[glb]Flame[/glb]