Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: desktop & taskbar gone, can't open taskmanager and others  (Read 2520 times)

ailatanami

Topic Starter

Starter

desktop & taskbar gone, can't open taskmanager and others
    « on: October 06, 2009, 11:05:11 PM »
    hi, can anyone here help me please! :( i have so many assignments in my laptop that i haven't saved yet and i don't want to resort to reformatting my laptop just yet... :(

my computer starts up, i quickly click on mozilla firefox before = desktop gone, taskbar gone, windows security alert window in russian (i think) appears (which seems fake because i can't click on any of the buttons and the cursor looks different than it usually does when i mouse over any of the buttons), and can't open task manager.

and  now i'm left with the internet that i managed to quickly open. is there a possibility of anyone knowing how to fix this? please!! :( :(

JJ 3000

Egghead
    • Experience: Familiar
    Save a Life!
    Adopt a homeless pet.
    http://www.petfinder.com/

ailatanami

Topic Starter

Starter

Re: desktop & taskbar gone, can't open taskmanager and others
      « Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 11:52:03 PM »
      okay thanks! i'll definitely check it out. will get back here with updates on the current situation :(

ailatanami

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 11:09:12 AM »
        hi, i have been really stressed out about this problem so i decided to reformat the laptop instead and get it all over with. luckily i was able to burn my important files via safe mode. i really appreciate in your helping me! thanks so much for the help so far

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #4 on: October 10, 2009, 11:13:04 AM »
        Sometimes that's the best way...
        Next time you suspect an infection visit our Virus and Spyware section...
        Some of the best Guru's out there.

Glad to hear you are fixed up and Welcome !
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "