Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: change Times Roman to Ariel default in Word  (Read 2415 times)

here4help

Topic Starter

change Times Roman to Ariel default in Word
    « on: October 07, 2009, 06:48:41 PM »
    When I copy something from the Web to Word , no matter the font on the Web, it becomes Times Roman on my screen in Word.  Ariel is my favorite font and I want it to come up directly in Word when I copy.  I have been copying Web material to Word, highlighting it, and then selecting Ariel and converting. But this is a nuisance.  Is there a way to have it come up in Ariel immediately?

Thank you.

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: change Times Roman to Ariel default in Word
    « Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 08:05:57 PM »
    What version of Word do you have?  Try pasting via Edit, Paste Special, Unformatted Text.  Does that work?

here4help

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 03:58:57 PM »
      That worked! Thanks.

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 09:33:30 PM »
      If you do this a lot, you can make it easier by putting a Paste Special button on the toolbar.  This eliminates having to click on Edit before selecting Paste Special; you still need to select Unformatted Text when the Paste Special dialog box appears.

This procedure can be further enhanced by creating a macro that invokes the command sequence for Paste Special, Unformatted Text, putting a custom button on the toolbar, and then linking that button to the macro.  This makes Paste Special, Unformatted Text a one click procedure; just click that special button on the toolbar.