Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Embedded Chat  (Read 3209 times)

jpwatson

Topic Starter

Rookie
    Embedded Chat
    « on: October 08, 2009, 01:47:11 PM »
    I'm not quite sure where to put this question.  I know I am going to sound like the "Tech Nazi" but I really need to stop the embedded chat in Yahoo mail.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I don't want to block Yahoo itself, just that irritating chat box.
    JPWatson

Bill Gates lives in constant fear that Chuck Norris' PC will crash.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Embedded Chat
    « Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 09:49:36 AM »
    From the Yahoo page:

What you need to do is locate where the chat is in Yahoo! Mail and sign out of it which will make you offline in chat.

1. For Yahoo! Classic Mail chat: it is located in a blue box on the left just change your status to Sign Out of chat which will make you offline.

2. In the All-New Yahoo Mail you sign out of chat at the very top of the page to the right of where it says "Hi, your name" You will see a drop down arrow click and choose "Sign out of chat." Your status in for chat in Yahoo! Mail will change to offline and chat will be disabled.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

jpwatson

Topic Starter

Rookie
      « Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 11:38:19 AM »
      I guess my last post was somewhat vague.   I don't use Yahoo, but I don't want to block it either.  I want to block the IM so other users on the network cannot use the embedded IM.  Is there a way to do this?
      JPWatson

Bill Gates lives in constant fear that Chuck Norris' PC will crash.

inapaler

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 05:49:53 AM »
        Ohh... now its problem...
        I'm also administering an office network, I guess blocking yahoo.com is the my option for the moment. :(