Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Dual monitor HDTV audio trouble  (Read 3009 times)

Britface

Topic Starter

Dual monitor HDTV audio trouble
    « on: October 11, 2009, 06:28:50 PM »
    For a while I've been using an HDTV as my sole monitor, connected via HDMI. Last night I tried to switch to dual with a regular PC monitor conncted via AVI (with a DVI adapter at the PC), but as soon as I switched the monitor setting to dual, the audio gave out. I've been using the TV speakers for my audio (the default is set to "Realtek HDMI Output"), but as soon as I switch to dual, I can't get anything to make a sound.

I've used a dual setup before, with two regular PC monitors (though it was with the same HDMI cable and AVI/DVI adapter), but in that instance I was using separate speakers. So apparently the problem is that it won't let me use the TV speakers when another monitor is involved, I just have no idea how to fix it without setting up separate speakers.

Is there a way to get this working without any extra hardware? Thanks in advance for any help.

Computer_Commando

Hacker
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Dual monitor HDTV audio trouble
    « Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 06:53:37 PM »
    All I can think of at this point, is to switch primary and secondary monitors.  If the regular PC monitor is now the primary, it could be that Windows thinks that's where the speakers are.

Britface

Topic Starter

Re: Dual monitor HDTV audio trouble
      « Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 07:01:58 PM »
      The TV is set as the primary.  I tried switching them just now just in case, but, no luck. :/  Thanks though.