Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Emachine drivers will not respond  (Read 3522 times)

labby408

Topic Starter

Emachine drivers will not respond
    « on: October 12, 2009, 04:53:24 PM »
    Hello,

I just restored my Emachine (model T2865). I put the drivers on the computer but I can't understand how to get them to work. I have easily unzipped dell drivers and never had a problem with a dell computer. It just put all the drivers in a folder on my desktop labeled NVidia. It lists audio,ethernet, etc...  but will not let me install them? anyone ever have this problem?

Thanks

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Emachine drivers will not respond
    « Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 04:55:01 PM »
    You need to go into the folders to which you extracted the drivers and run the "setup.exe" or "install.exe" files. Be sure to install the chipset driver first. After installing the drivers you can delete the folders to which you extracted them.

labby408

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 05:23:04 PM »
      Thanks for responding. I can't find a chipset icon. Also when I click on audio or ethernet icons it gives me an uninstall function? I check the device manager and their is still question marks next to each driver. I restarted as well. I have never ran into this problem before.

Computer_Commando

Hacker
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 05:47:53 PM »
      Some drivers do an uninstall and then you do a reinstall after the reboot.  I did a RealTek audio just a couple hours ago that did just this.