Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HELP!! Built computer wont load windows!!! HELP  (Read 3075 times)

phikap2012

HELP!! Built computer wont load windows!!! HELP
« on: June 14, 2005, 03:22:26 PM »
I built a computer from scratch and as I go to setup windows xp, it loads all the necessary files then says starting windows, still on the original blue set up screen. Then my system speaker sirens and the computer turns itself off. It does this over and over again and its not letting me load windows so I cant use the machine. I am building this for my parents business and have been working on it for weeks, it is killing me right now cause my parents need it badly. I thought it was the power supply, which is a 350W. I unplugged everything but my hard drive, cd rom, video card. Someone please help me asap!  ??? ??? ??? ??? :-/ :-/

merlin_2

Re: HELP!! Built computer wont load windows!!! HEL
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005, 04:08:48 PM »
is this a new hard drive?? recheck all the wiring...bios ram etc.....if window has encountered a fault this will happen?http://www.windowsreinstall.com/winxphome/installxpcdnewhdd/part1.htm
« Last Edit: June 14, 2005, 04:10:09 PM by merlin_2 »

phikap2012

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2005, 09:18:26 PM »
Thanks, figured it out, it was the thermal compound that came on the heatsink, it was too dried out. Got new compound and it was fine. Checked the BIOS and it was running over 60degrees celsius! Its fine now though! ;D

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2005, 05:11:41 AM »
Very dangerous. You should be more careful in the future as negligence in that area may result in permanent damage to system components.