Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HP 4+ prints place-holders    (Read 2655 times)

Rose_Otto

HP 4+ prints place-holders  
« on: June 14, 2005, 05:17:30 PM »
When I print something from the internet, I get some headings, icons, but mostly those tiny rectangular place holders.

I've re-installed the printer and the driver located at HP and it had no effect.

The problem began occurring when I uninstalled Paperport 7.0 and reinstalled it....It wasn't recognizing my scanner and those were the instructions.

I have windows 98 and use Mozilla  (but it prints the same on IE too).

Is there something I can click to reset it?  Perhaps I'm not installing the "new"-from-hp's site driver correctly (I'm clicking on the .exe file.)?

Thanks.
Rose

merlin_2

Re: HP 4+ prints place-holders  
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005, 05:32:18 PM »
what site is it.....some sites deter people  printing from their sites?? post the site here so we can test it.....paperport and the scanner is not the issue.....unless its not working thats is??

Rose_Otto

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2005, 05:44:09 PM »
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?locale=sk_SK&pnameOID=15024&taskId=135&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=25484&lang=sk&cc=sk&swEnvOID=20
I chose the 15 Sept 2000 driver....

But the printing problem occurs with everything.  When I print something from Computer hope I get the logo, the Home/Contact/freehelp/search/links/products bar and teh big logo, a few odd numbers throughout and the little icons for home, help, etc.  It did it when I tried to print off my Citicard statement, and a couple of minutes ago when I printed off a Belarc Advisor pc audit.  It did it with number sites and with alpha character sites....bank vs articles at townhall.com

Maybe you (all) just need to guide me thru the steps of restoring the registry backup.

Thx.  Rose

It's probably something stupid I did -- the Paperport instructions had me delete a bunch of files from my Registry.  I know to be careful but I don't know how to restore the backup.

B

Rose_Otto

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005, 05:49:01 PM »
I can borrow someone else's scanner but I can't function well without the ability to print from the internet.  

merlin_2

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2005, 11:48:46 AM »
Maybe you (all) just need to guide me thru the steps of restoring the registry backup...........ok rose
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go to start/programs/accessiories/system tools  click the msdos icon prompt.. c:\>windows   so far so good!   now at the c:\> type scanreg/fix..  so it looks like this c:\> scanreg/fix        and  now reboot pc.....
another command would be.......scanreg/restore....a splash will appear and ask you .....cab started on xyz you then click it and anser yes   windows will do the rest >> you would chose the nearest point before you had  problems..