Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Laptop Freezes when Windows Loads  (Read 2777 times)

hunter_jumper40

Laptop Freezes when Windows Loads
« on: June 14, 2005, 09:34:49 PM »
Okay... I got a laptop (off brand.. called "Balance") in December of 04'. It has worked well up until recently when it began freezing randomly for no obvious reason. Then, just really recently, it froze, and would not come unfrozen, so i pushed the button, and restarted it. It came up to the screen where it has "Windows XP loading" with the little bar that moves. Anyways, so it froze there. I couldn't think of what else to do, so I put in the system recovery cd's, and they recovered up to the point where you setup windows. It got to the "windows loading" screen, and froze again. I shut it down again, and tried various things, like starting it in safemode, but it just says that it is not installed and to repeat the recovery. I repeated the recovery 2 more times, with the same result, the freezing. I am not sure if it is windows, or the computer, and I have no clue what to do. I don;t know if I should just throw the thing away (or somehow find some place to pawn it) or what. Any help or comment would be appreciated. Email me if you MUST have more information about the computer.

Gizmo73

Intermediate

• We do only what we are meant to do
    Re: Laptop Freezes when Windows Loads
    « Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005, 10:38:12 PM »
    It sounds like it's having trouble getting power. Did you have it on and plugged in to an outlet during a storm recently?

[glb]Gizmo73[/glb]

sedeburn

Re: Laptop Freezes when Windows Loads
    « Reply #2 on: June 15, 2005, 02:32:50 PM »
    I had a similar issue and just ended up replacing the hard drive, luckily it was under warranty and Dell replaced it for free.