Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Mouse moves itself!  (Read 2694 times)

cous

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Mouse moves itself!
    « on: October 18, 2009, 05:13:31 PM »
    I have been having problem with my mouse, it moves itself. This happens when I download a particular file (Comodo firewall or just Microsoft mouse drivers) or when I update McAfee virus software. I have even uninstalled McAfee Security Suit and replaced it with Avast. McAfee is a memory hog! I have tried three different optical mice: Two Logitech, one with a cord and the other cordless and one Microsoft comfort 3000 with a cord.  I have tried cleaning the optics. I have replaced the mouse pad, uninstall and reinstall the drivers in the device manager. I have scanned my PC for viruses with McAfee Security Suit, Trend Micro house call and Kaspersky and nothing. I do have a KVM switch for my other computers, so I hooked up the USB mouse directly to my computer and nothing. What I have not done is uninstall, in the device manager, all the devices under Human Interface Devices, plus the Mouse driver, which is the only one there. Then boot up and reinstall and update the drivers. In the back of my mind am thinking it might be the power unit which is a 600W OCZ with 72 amps Well on Monday I will be replacing the Motherboard  with a Gigabyte, the CPU with AMD Phenom 2 X2 550 BE and the Memory with Corsair 6400C5C 4GB. I want to keep the same operating system, but if I have the same problem with the mouse I might as well grab one of my fresh images and install that. Then change the Mass Storage controller to the default settings, so I don’t get the BSOD when I boot from the new hardware. I will not be fooling with the Hardware abstraction Layer. Or I could transfer the Windows XP Activation Information on to a clean install. Does anyone have any advice here?

I presently have on this computer:
    Windows XP
    MSI K8N Neo Platinum Motherboard 754 socket.
    AMD Athlon 3200+ CPU – Frequency is 2.2GHz
    1.5GB Corsair memory CAS 2.5
    NX6600GT-VTD128

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Mouse moves itself!
    « Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 07:24:52 PM »
    The most common problem is a wireless mouse.
    Have you tried it with not wireless mouse?
    I mean just remove it and use a standard or USB mousse.
    I have never had to clean an optical mouse.

Dairyman

Beginner

• Yes
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 07:54:27 PM »
    Could it be that the mousepad or desk has a pattern that 'tricks' the mouse into mimicking movements? I don't use a mouespad and have noticed the mouse moving across the screen leaving me wondering "*censored*?", then I realize the pattern on my desk. The same thing happened with other mouses, even on another computer it did the same.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 08:52:26 PM »
    Because  of the present threat of the swine flu...
    Always have a pad under your mouse!

cous

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 09:47:39 PM »
      Yes, I mentioned that I have tried three different mice one being wireless and the other two that I tried were wired mice. I also mentioned that I have tried different mouse pads. I usually prefer dark colored mouse pads.

Thank you for the input