Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer No Bios  (Read 1826 times)

rockstar4cs

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Computer No Bios
    « on: October 18, 2009, 07:25:36 PM »
    My computer is a Sony Vaio Running windows xp with 512 ram. I haven't touched it in

sometime turned it on today and I get a screen that says Sony then when it goes into

its set up the screen goes black. Checked all the plugs rebooted the computer I get the

start up screen that says Sony but I get no bios and I tried hitting the function keys to

get into the bios screen wont pop up at all. My first though was the motherboard but

does anyone else have an opinion.

rockstar4cs

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Re: Computer No Bios
      « Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 09:38:48 PM »
      Recently tried booting computer with windows ultimate boot CD. I poped in the cd I got the windows ultimate boot logo then screen went black I hit a few buttons on the keyboard I got nothing. Tried switching out the CPU both times the computer did the same thing. I turned it on without the CD I get the Sony logo it goes into set up and the screen goes black no blank cursor no words nothing. Tried System restore disks they dont even read in the system.