Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wow the biggest problem after virus removal!! (Click here for the Challenge)  (Read 2233 times)

HelplessHuman

Topic Starter

Hello everyone! I am new to these forums but seems to me like its quite the place to get your computer problems fixed so i will try to explain my best what the situation is and see if you can figure it out because i sure cant!

Ok recently i had a nasty virus on my computer due to someone installing a program. Anyway the virus was the famous (Windows Police Pro) Which i understand to be what is known as a rogue program? Which basically pops up a window that looks like microsoft scanner and tells you that you have trojans and the such and it can be fixed if you buy their software.

Now when i got home for the first time and saw this i knew it was a virus or something to the fact and tried countless times on removing it manually but failed due to the fact it was in use. (Note: I could not access the internet or any programs on my computer, also task manager was disabled due to the windows police pro)

Anyway i thought i was smart and tried to boot it into safe mode. Failed because that to was disabled / turned off.  so i turned it back on to normal mode. and somehow managed to get into my norton anti virus program due to the fact it runs on start up and could click the button on the bottom right. so i did a full scan and it removed bits and parts of the program. anyway i restarted after the scan was complete and rebooted. and got the white background that says active background recovery. but cant move hardly anywhere or click on anything but programs do work but takes forever to load(Example: i can access MSconfig via Run but takes a total of 20 minutes for it to load the window but after it loads you can access other tabs and loads each tab every 10 seconds or so)

I was in Msconfig and decided to just use the basic drivers and restarted and got an error.

Anyway thats where i am at now. Any help?

oh ya ps: i am on another computer and not on the computer that is infected.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

HelplessHuman

Topic Starter

thanks. I have read the post and cannot even do any of the steps reasons being

1. cant even access the add/remove panel when i click start -> Control panel it shows the screen no icons no links just the screen (as in its probably there it just never fully loaded it and stopped)

2. Cant download HijackTool because i cant access the internet let alone download something.

3. Same as reason 2 cant get to the internet to download any of the software because of freeze issues and slowness.

only thing i can really do is access the Run program and a few other things but thats about it.  not even my regular buttons on the bottom right screen show up norton included.