Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: My Ipod Nano freezes!!!  (Read 7287 times)

timtim41

Topic Starter

Beginner
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
My Ipod Nano freezes!!!
« on: October 24, 2009, 10:09:22 AM »
I have a 3rd generation Ipod nano 8GB, and yesterday the battery was empty so i plugged it into the USB on my laptop and on my computer it said that the device was not recognized and it wouldn't even let me eject it so i had to take it out without ejecting it and on the Ipod it just showed the "Connected...Eject before disconnecting" screen and it wouldn't even shut off. Can someone please explain this to me so I know what to do if it happens again. Thanks all ???
T Jewell

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: My Ipod Nano freezes!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 10:20:22 AM »

timtim41

Topic Starter

Beginner
    • Yes
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 08:24:08 AM »
Ive tried that already, but my problem was that my iPod nano wouldnt shut off and it didn't come up on iTunes so I couldnt eject it that way. I got the problem fixed now (I just unplugged it from my computer and just let it sit until the battery was dead and plugged it in again and everything was fine). But I just want to know why it did that and if there's something different I should do if it happens again. Thanks tho  8)
T Jewell

socrates

Apprentice

• I know nothing except for the fact of my ignorance
    • Yes
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 10:09:04 AM »
No, there's nothing else you need to do if it happens again.  If it's truly frozen like that, you did the right thing.

If it starts happening frequently, it could be a bigger issue and you might want to take it into the apple store to get it repaired (free as long as it's under the one year or applecare warranty).

It just happens sometimes, just like with computers.  Sometimes they freeze.

timtim41

Topic Starter

Beginner
    • Yes
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 10:32:57 AM »
Alright, thanks  :) I just wasn't sure what else to do cuz it's caused problems before when I've disconnected the iPod before ejecting it. Thanks
T Jewell

socrates

Apprentice

• I know nothing except for the fact of my ignorance
    • Yes
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2009, 10:48:14 AM »
Yeah, you definitely don't want to disconnect the iPod before ejecting it, unless you have to. 

Doing that too much can damage files on your Nano, and, worst case, corrupt your library on your Nano causing you to restore it fresh and reload the music on it.