Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: programing  (Read 5540 times)

jerry

programing
« on: July 02, 2004, 09:58:46 PM »
Hi, i am new to programing, What would be the best way to teach myslef. Thanks Chef Jerry.

Joleen

Re: programing
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2004, 07:00:20 AM »
There are 1 of 3 main ways people learn.
1) watching/looking/reading (visual)
2) hearing (audio)
3) doing/trial and error (kinetic)

How you learn is beyone the scope of everyone here so to ask "how can I best teach myself" is a useless question.  Figure out what you want to do, what you want to do with what you've done, and learn to do it.  If you're (1) then watch someone do it or read a book, if you're (2) then someone to tell you how, if you're (3) then just try and figure it out.

What would be the best way to teach myslef

If you can't figure yourself out, I'd wait to learn programming.

SKy

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2004, 07:54:08 AM »
Hi Jerry,

I agree with Joleen. my self learn method is to buy / borrow programming books and read thoroughly. Visit websites. install compilers and start programming.

clf

First-thing-First when learning Programming.
    « Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 09:13:00 AM »
    Thank you for, "Three Ways People Learn" list. You are right; first, I should discover and decide the best way for me to learn Raptor Programming.

"Three Ways People Learn"

1. Watching, Looking, Reading and being visual.
    2. Hearing and listening (Audio)
    3. Doing, trial and error (Kinetic).

You have helped me, start at the beginning of learning Rapor Programming and not quit until I achieve my goal.

Sincerely,

CLF

timtim41

Beginner
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #4 on: October 24, 2009, 10:04:41 AM »
    try going to a website, for example www.python.org has a free download of python, and a tutorial on it too that is also on the site.  ;)
    T Jewell

Shooterha

Greenhorn

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2009, 06:36:33 PM »
      There are 1 of 3 main ways people learn.
      1) watching/looking/reading (visual)
      2) hearing (audio)
      3) doing/trial and error (kinetic)

How you learn is beyone the scope of everyone here so to ask "how can I best teach myself" is a useless question.  Figure out what you want to do, what you want to do with what you've done, and learn to do it.  If you're (1) then watch someone do it or read a book, if you're (2) then someone to tell you how, if you're (3) then just try and figure it out.
      If you can't figure yourself out, I'd wait to learn programming.

trial and error is what always works for me best, it may not be the fastest way to learn something but i think i always get the thing down better when i learn it that way
      SPARTA!

alexK

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2009, 07:28:47 PM »
      The best way is #3, Trial and Error
      Start with Visual Basic, it has thousands of help Topics.

To have someone show you how to do it does not help. You will forget the next minute how to do it.
      If you write all that good advice down, than you will be forever looking at those notes. It has to come right out of your head.
      You will find that after doing things a thousand time the wrong way, and screw up the program or what ever a thousand times, you will finally get the hang of it.

Believe me, I started programming in 1965, and on major complex systems.

Trial and error my friend!

;D

ultimatum

Intermediate
        « Reply #7 on: October 30, 2009, 09:33:11 AM »
        show you how to do it does not help

If you mean by showing the logic then yes, otherwise that's not true. At last in my case. If someone is showed how to perform logic operations then they won't know how to think for themselves. But if someone has no clue how the function works then it's best to have an experienced programmer to explain the function in a more simpler terms. Most of the time descriptions are equipped with unnecessary information for beginners and it just complicates things.
        Its not what you know, its what you can do that counts!

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
        • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • BC-Programming.com
        • Certifications: List
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #8 on: October 30, 2009, 09:35:46 AM »
        this thread is four years old...
        I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

progach

Rookie

• i am working hard to be the programmer
          « Reply #9 on: November 01, 2009, 02:34:46 PM »
          u have to read programming books,understand well the containing informations nd then u have to practise,look for ur faults nd that way u can improve ur level.don't forget to get help always when u give up from trying lonely ;)