Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Reinstallation Error  (Read 3554 times)

Juice217

Topic Starter

Beginner

• I hope you don't hate your computer as much as me.
    Reinstallation Error
    « on: October 27, 2009, 07:32:15 AM »
    Hi, I have a game called SWGB (StarWars Galactic Battlegrounds) i installed it on a HP computer with windows 98. I had the game on the computer for many years and even started to AI script for it (following under strict rules so i don't screw up). one day the game wasn't functioning properly so i decided to reinstall it. doing so, i uninstalled it. when i tried to reinstall the game the menu only gave me the option to uninstall the game, and when i ran the setup the process would speed through and give me a message stating "maintenance is complete". I don't know what to do. I tried to use REGEDIT, but that did nothing.
    So what should I do?

Gremlin

Beginner

Re: Reinstallation Error
      « Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 10:05:44 PM »
      Yeah Ive had this before. You can try a few things and you are on the right track. Try running a registry cleaner like Glary Registry Repair. Sometimes you can manually run the setup again from the cd instead of using the autoplay menu and that can bypass your prob too. (Hope that makes sense) Browse the cd files and look for the setup or install executable and run it.
      Also download Revo Uninstaller and point that at the offending program. It usually does a good job of getting everything.
      Good lucl.

mroilfield

Mentor
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #2 on: November 29, 2009, 11:46:01 PM »
      Try running a registry cleaner like Glary Registry Repair.

Unless you are 100% sure you know what you are doing DO NOT use a registry cleaner. More harm then good usually comes from using these type of programs.
      You can't fix Stupid!!!

Gremlin

Beginner

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 12:07:55 AM »
        Thats unfortunate. I've had good experieces with them.