Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: My URL bar still shows addresses I deleted. Have tried everything!  (Read 2665 times)

Pyrohawk

OK, so I have no idea where my question should go.... so I apologize if its in the wrong section. I also apologize because my terminology is not going to be correct, I'm not much of a computer gur.  :P

My computer:
HP Pavillion Notebook PC
Windows Vista
IE  7

My problem:

My address bar still shows addresses that were deleted long ago. As in when I start to type a similar address they still show up. They are just completely randomn URL's also...like google.com/search:cmt top 20. and such.

Also, for some reason when I type in "c" in my address bar, it comes up with a list of some things n my C drive. C/users/Adam/ etc.....is what they look like.Why on earth would my address bar show stuff in my C drive? Is it because they are all things I have downloaded? Anyway.... I deleted these files from my documents, but they still show up in my address bar!

How can I completely clear out my address bar?

I have  cleared history and cookies/temp. folder, I run a spamware program, and I downloaded a CC cleaner program to try to kill these pesky URL's with no luck. I can't find them anywhere on my computer except in the address bar either.

thumbtak

Rookie

Re: My URL bar still shows addresses I deleted. Have tried everything!
    « Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 06:55:58 AM »
    Your problem is that your using Internet Explorer. That is always an issue. It acts weird all the time. I do know that Internet Explorer has a backup of the cache that is hidden. That could be your issue. Try finding that folder and delete everything in that folder. Maybe it is loading the backup cache.

Other wise use a different browser like k-meleon.